It's Official! Dylan is a decade old!! This time passed really, really fast. I love seeing my kids grow but also get a little sad that the younger days have passed. Dylan's birthday is so close to Thanksgiving that we always have to figure out the best time to have a party for him. On his actual day it was a small celebration...Lunch at school with the family, dinner of his choice, a friend over, cake and ice cream and presents!

Then the next Saturday he had his birthday party. He wanted to have it at the local pizza restaurant that has an arcade and pool table. It almost didn't work out though. We had the room reserved but for some reason they had decided not to open for the whole Thanksgiving week and didn't call and let us know. So the day of, I happened to be driving by about an hour before his party was supposed to take place, I noticed that it was closed and a sign on the door saying they wouldn't be open until Monday. I called a couple of friends until I found out who the owners were and called them at home to find out what was going on. They said that while they were out of town their manager was supposed to call and let me know that there was a plumbing issue and that they had to close. Well I never got a call and wasn't very happy about this. But they were very nice and decided to open for a couple hours, just so Dylan could have his party! Gotta love being in a small town :)

Then the next Saturday he had his birthday party. He wanted to have it at the local pizza restaurant that has an arcade and pool table. It almost didn't work out though. We had the room reserved but for some reason they had decided not to open for the whole Thanksgiving week and didn't call and let us know. So the day of, I happened to be driving by about an hour before his party was supposed to take place, I noticed that it was closed and a sign on the door saying they wouldn't be open until Monday. I called a couple of friends until I found out who the owners were and called them at home to find out what was going on. They said that while they were out of town their manager was supposed to call and let me know that there was a plumbing issue and that they had to close. Well I never got a call and wasn't very happy about this. But they were very nice and decided to open for a couple hours, just so Dylan could have his party! Gotta love being in a small town :)
Comments